Thursday 7 April 2011

Ottolenghi's aubergines

Today's dinner is roasted aubergine with sofrito and chickpeas, a Spanish-inspired dish by Yotam Ottolenghi. I found the recipe from The Guardian (always packed with wonderful recipes) a few days ago.

The dish is pretty nice. But this dish takes like 2 hours to prepare and cook...I might not cook it again for a long time.

Recently I've fallen in love with aubergine and coriander seeds (coriander seeds are so fragrant!). Actually it's been a lot easier than imagined to be a vegetarian. There's so much choice, variety and versatility when it comes to vegetables, and the thought of plenty of nutrients in my food makes me happy.


mashed chickpeas

sofrito - onion, red peppers, chopped tomatoes, sherry vinegar, bay leaves, paprika, coriander seeds, garlic


No comments:

Post a Comment